From workers to warehouse spaces
From furniture and office equipment to clothing and footwear, wholesalers and distributors of all kinds have seen their industry transform. Changes in technology and distribution models may bring new opportunities – as well as new challenges.
When you need holistic, all-lines solutions across core, specialty, and surety lines, we’re ready to help. We can help wholesalers and distributors protect the most crucial aspects of their operations: the workers, the warehouse, the fleet, and the goods they’re moving.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
From changing customer preferences to emerging technology, a variety of trends are causing wholesale and distribution operations to evolve. Our underwriters take an all-lines, industry-specific approach to the wholesale industry to ensure you have the protection you need.
Coverage options include:
- Cargo stock throughput
- Commercial auto
- Directors and officers liability
- General liability, including product recall expense and additional insureds enhancement
- Inland marine
- Property, including equipment breakdown, contingent loss of business income, and control of damaged merchandise
- Trade credit
- Umbrella and excess liability, including crisis management expenses
- Workers compensation
In addition, our multinational product offers protection for global exposures, from sales samples to foreign property, in a single package policy.
With flexible program options, including guaranteed cost, large deductible, retrospective, aggregate stop loss, or captive, we are prepared to design solutions that meet wholesalers’ needs.
And every solution is backed by our financial strength, stability, and capacity as a Fortune 100 company.
Expertise that delivers
Wholesalers and distributors benefit from the collective expertise of our dedicated underwriting, account service, risk control, and claims specialists. Because we know the wholesale industry, we understand its most pressing risks.
Together, our experts craft tailored solutions that respond to key challenges including:
- E-commerce and related cyber liability
- Cargo theft and fleet management
- Contractual liability
- Manual material handling and machine-work injuries
- Product liability issues related to product recalls, private labeling, and direct importing
- Safe operation of robotics and drones
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Employee ergonomics and training programs
- Warehouse safety and security
Count on us to help develop practical, holistic risk-management strategies to meet the needs of your wholesale operation.
Services in sync
Whether we’re helping a customer onboard smoothly, solidify a fleet safety program, or respond to a product recall, our teams of professionals are ready to provide reliable and responsive advice and service.
Wholesaler and distributor customers can benefit from:
- Dedicated claims teams for general liability and commercial auto, environmental, directors and officers, property, and workers compensation that are empowered to deliver the best possible outcomes
- A secure portal for account management and to report casualty claims via our risk–management information system.
- Safety and risk mitigation guidance and materials available online and by phone
Look to us for flexible insurance programs, proactive service, and high-quality claims experiences to help protect your employees, goods, fleet, and warehouse.
This website is intended to be informational. Descriptions are provided only as a summary outline of the products and services available and are not intended to be comprehensive and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation. The products and services described may not be available in all states or jurisdictions. See your policy, service contract, or program documentation for actual terms, conditions, and exclusions. Any inquiries regarding the subject matter set forth herein should be directed through licensed insurance professionals.
Coverage and insurance are provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company or its affiliates or subsidiaries. When we offer insurance products, we will state clearly which insurer will underwrite the policy. Some policies may be placed with a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers generally do not participate in state guaranty funds and coverage may only be obtained through duly licensed surplus lines brokers.