Protection for the financial sector
From economic volatility and changing regulatory requirements to fraud and cybercrime, financial institutions face a variety of risks. With these varied exposures, having the right risk-management approach is critical so that your business can continue to service clients and maintain a strong balance sheet.
Across asset managers, banks, insurance companies, and more, customers look to us for holistic solutions to protect their employees, assets, and reputations.
A protective partnership
Solutions for complex risks
Financial institutions face distinctive risks, so we offer protection that’s equally distinctive.
We take a tailored, industry-specific approach to meet the needs of financial institutions, offering an extensive array of comprehensive coverages, including:
- Commercial auto
- Directors and officers, including general partnership liability and Side A DIC
- Employment practices liability
- Fiduciary/pension trust liability
- Financial institutional bonds
- General liability
- Mergers and acquisitions transactional liability solutions, including representations and warranties, tax liability, and contingent legal risk
- Professional liability, including cyber
- Umbrella and excess liability
- Workers compensation
We’ll also work with you to determine the right program structure, whether it’s large deductible, retrospective, guaranteed cost, aggregate stop loss, or unbundled.
And every solution is backed by our strength, stability, and experience as a Fortune 100 company.
Expertise that delivers
When you work with us, you’ll experience a sophisticated integration of underwriting, claims, service, and risk control teams, all focused on financial institutions.
With regional, jurisdictional, and industry expertise, we’re ready to identify and respond to key challenges facing financial institutions, like:
- Large workforces with varied roles and responsibilities
- Building maintenance and security
- Cyber threats and data breaches
- Compliance with regulatory changes
This fusion of expertise and commitment means the difference between simply understanding risks like volatile economic cycles or a heightened regulatory environment and providing the right guidance and solutions to help identify, mitigate, and recover from them.
Services in sync
From the very start, you’ll notice the synergy across our teams. Whether we’re helping you onboard smoothly or respond to and recover after a cyber incident, we see every interaction as an opportunity to exceed expectations.
With our financial institutions offering, customers can benefit from:
- Specialized claims teams for management and professional liability, property, casualty, and surety that are empowered to deliver positive outcomes
- A team with private practice and Lloyd’s market experience dedicated to managing complex M&A transactional liability claims
- A secure portal to manage your account and report casualty claims via our risk-management information system
- Risk control guidance and materials available online and by phone
Count on us for flexible insurance programs, proactive service, and high-quality claims experiences that will help you lower your total cost of risk.
Get in touch
Our commercial and specialty insurance products and services are distributed through brokers and agents. If you are interested in our solutions for your business, please contact your agent or broker. If you are an agent or broker, please reach out to our team for more information.
This website is intended to be informational. Descriptions are provided only as a summary outline of the products and services available and are not intended to be comprehensive and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation. The products and services described may not be available in all states or jurisdictions. See your policy, service contract, or program documentation for actual terms, conditions, and exclusions. Any inquiries regarding the subject matter set forth herein should be directed through licensed insurance professionals.
Coverage and insurance are provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company or its affiliates or subsidiaries. When we offer insurance products, we will state clearly which insurer will underwrite the policy. Some policies may be placed with a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers generally do not participate in state guaranty funds and coverage may only be obtained through duly licensed surplus lines brokers.