Local expertise within reach
Our team of experienced underwriters supports a specialized suite of Equipment Breakdown (EB) and service line coverage that helps policyholders prepare for the unexpected. Whether for large commercial properties or homeowners’ underground utility lines, our tailored EB products offer seamless protection across business and personal lines.
Seamless equipment breakdown protection
Commercial equipment breakdown
From standard businessowner’s policies to large commercial risk, we offer both reinsurance and unique, individualized EB coverages for damage from electrical, mechanical, and pressure systems breakdown, including:
- Short circuits, electrical arcing, utility power surges, mechanical breakdown, motor burnout, and pressure systems breakdown of covered equipment
- Expenses related to replacement costs for damaged equipment, or to spoilage that results from a breakdown of covered equipment
- Expenses incurred to limit loss or speed up restoration of operations, loss of business income, and extra expenses, if included in the base policy
Home equipment breakdown
Comprehensive EB coverage for electrical, mechanical, and pressure system equipment that homeowners rely on, including:
- Repair or replacement costs for covered equipment off premises
- Expenses related to spoilage, expediting expense, loss of use, and pollutant cleanup and removal that result from a breakdown of covered equipment
Service line failure
Comprehensive coverage for physical damage to underground home utility lines including:
- Expenses related to outdoor property, excavation costs, expediting expense, and loss of use that result from a covered service line failure
This website is intended to be informational. Descriptions are provided only as a summary outline of the products and services available and are not intended to be comprehensive and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation. The products and services described may not be available in all states or jurisdictions. See your policy, service contract, or program documentation for actual terms, conditions, and exclusions. Any inquiries regarding the subject matter set forth herein should be directed through licensed insurance professionals.
Coverage and insurance are provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company or its affiliates or subsidiaries. When we offer insurance products, we will state clearly which insurer will underwrite the policy. Some policies may be placed with a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers generally do not participate in state guaranty funds and coverage may only be obtained through duly licensed surplus lines brokers.