General Property insurance
Our General Property team provides all-risks property coverage, including direct physical loss or damage, time element, windstorm, earthquake, and flood. We look to develop relationships with clients that are risk management-focused, have a long-term approach to buying insurance, and are looking for protection against catastrophic loss.
Liberty Mutual Bermuda offers specialty insurance and reinsurance products, including those of third-party capital providers, via our licensed insurance agency, Liberty Specialty Markets Agency (LSMA).
Capital deployment strategy
We consider clients worldwide, with distribution through our Bermuda, London, and international-based brokers.
Our strategy focuses underwriter effort on:
- Shared and layered programs
- Primary and low excess/buffer layers
- Excess of a significant retention or attachment point that eliminates claims frequency
- Occupancies: broad appetite and very diversified portfolio. The only prohibited occupancies are firearms manufacturing, tobacco, and primary framed habitational.
- Maximum policy length: 18 months
- Distribution: we work collaboratively with our Ironshore colleagues in the United States and have the following Liberty Group distribution rules/access points for new business only:
- Account TIV < 90% USA exposure: Bermuda
- Account TIV > $5B Bermuda and Ironshore
Our accounts with less than $5B TIV and > 90 percent USA exposures are directed to Ironshore USA.
- $15M maximum capacity
- $75K minimum premium
- 10% maximum share of layer
Other line size restrictions as follows:
- $5M within the first $100M of purchased limits
- $10M maximum critical catastrophe exposure
- U.S.-domiciled business written on an independently procured basis
- International exposures are subject to sanctions limitations (LMA3100).
Liberty Mutual Bermuda is the marketing name for Liberty Specialty Markets Agency Limited (“LSMA”) and Liberty Specialty Markets Bermuda Limited (“LSMB”).
LSMA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ironshore Inc. and is registered in Bermuda with company number 42966. LSMA is licensed by the Bermuda Monetary Authority as an insurance agent to underwrite risks for and on behalf of LSMB and other insurance providers. LSMA’s registered office is located at 141 Front Street, Hamilton, HM 19, Bermuda.
LSMB is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ironshore Inc. and is registered in Bermuda with company number 39024. LSMB is licensed by the Bermuda Monetary Authority as a Class 4 insurer, approved to write both insurance and reinsurance. LSMB’s registered office is located at 141 Front Street, Hamilton, HM 19, Bermuda.
This website is intended to be informational. Descriptions are provided only as a summary outline of the products and services available and are not intended to be comprehensive and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation. The products and services described may not be available in all jurisdictions. See your policy, service contract, or program documentation for actual terms, conditions, and exclusions. Any inquiries regarding the subject matter set forth herein should be directed through licensed insurance professionals.