Marine business owner’s policy
Packaged solutions for maritime risks
From shipbuilders and marina operators to marine contractors, small to midsized businesses involved in the marine industry need protection from a rising tide of risks.
Our marine business owner’s policy (BOP) offers general liability, excess liability, hull and protection and indemnity, and equipment coverages in a single package to help business owners protect their ships, equipment, crews, and more.
A protective partnership
Solutions for maritime risks
With a dedicated marine underwriting team behind every policy, our marine BOP solution provides important protection to help keep your maritime business running smoothly.
Our BOP offering includes a broad set of coverages:
- Marine general liability (MGL)
- Products/completed operations, premises liability, personal and advertising injury, fire, legal, and medical payments
- Coverage on a per-occurrence basis
- Primary limits up to $1M per occurrence
- Hull and protection and indemnity (P&I) coverages
- Physical damage to owned watercraft
- Hull up to $1M total insured value
- P&I up to $1M with option to add crew members
- Mobile equipment and tools
- Physical loss or damage to mobile equipment or employee tools
- Limit up to $1M total insured value
- Excess liability
- Limits up to $2M
- Excess limit over MGL, P&I, commercial auto, and employer’s liability
Expertise that delivers
When you work with us, you’ll benefit from dedicated marine underwriters, located across the country, who have the industry expertise and local underwriting authority to tailor coverage to meet your needs.
Add our dedicated marine risk engineering and surveying teams that can help identify exposures, quantify costs, and recommend practical solutions along with local marine claims specialists who are focused on helping your business recover.
Better control over claims
For small and midsized marine business owners, time is money. We understand; our dedicated marine claims team focuses on resolving claims quickly, mitigating loss, and reducing downtime so your business can move forward.
Our people are at the core of our success, and we empower them to make decisions and do their best for our customers every day. You’ll work with claims specialists with deep marine industry experience who will:
- Confirm coverage
- Provide an advance payment of up to 50 percent of the agreed-on loss or damage
- Deliver expert support and service
- Leverage our worldwide claims, legal, and subrogation networks
If you experience a loss, we’re ready to help. Please contact us at email@example.com.
This website is intended to be informational. Descriptions are provided only as a summary outline of the products and services available and are not intended to be comprehensive and do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation. The products and services described may not be available in all states or jurisdictions. See your policy, service contract, or program documentation for actual terms, conditions, and exclusions. Any inquiries regarding the subject matter set forth herein should be directed through licensed insurance professionals.
Coverage and insurance are provided and underwritten by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company or its affiliates or subsidiaries. When we offer insurance products, we will state clearly which insurer will underwrite the policy. Some policies may be placed with a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers generally do not participate in state guaranty funds and coverage may only be obtained through duly licensed surplus lines brokers.